Saturday, January 25, 2014

Things to know about over familiarity.



I was out so early on Saturday morning for shopping.
I could have driven my car, but I chose to take the bus.
I was at the bus stop  for several hours waiting for the bus.
Several buses had passed, but I was still waiting.
At last I decided to approach the bus chart to know if any information was put on earlier about bus delay.
When I approached the board, I was shocked...
All the buses coming for the past hours were actually going to the shopping mall, but because I was used to a particular bus number, colour and direction which has been changed recently, I was waiting for long for the bus that will not come.
This incidence touched me a lot, I learnt so much from it and  I will be sharing some of what I learnt with you.

I call it over familiarity.
I have been so familiar with the bus number, type, colour  and direction that I missed several buses because these things were changed.
So also sometimes we could be too familiar with Jesus Christ  our heavenly father that we take his instructions for granted.
We could also be too familiar with the Holy spirit that we don't ask him for instructions anymore.
We could be too familiar with the bible, that we lose the message God is passing to us.
Because we have read the bible more than 50 times, we could get so familiar with the word of God  that when others read, we don't listen.
We could be so familiar with our pastor that when God speaks through Him, we take it as a man that is speaking.
It is more worse, if our pastor is our dad, mum or our brother..we just say..isn't it my brother preaching..
This was exactly what happen to Jesus Christ in His town..
John 1:11  (NLT)
He came to his own people, and even they rejected him.
I know many would have been saying..Isn't that Jesus the son of the carpenter..
Isn't that Jesus the son of Mary and Joseph.
By doing this, they miss out  the agenda of God for their life.
By doing this, they miss out of the great plan and history which is to be writing about them. 
I will like us to take some time off and think of which area we have been so familiar with Jesus Christ and His doing that we don't even see his magnanimity and sovereignty anymore.
We don't pray anymore because we think  we can pray anywhere.
We don't read our bible anymore..because we think we have a soft copy on our tablets and phones.
Hasn't our over familiarity senses taken us far away from Jesus Christ?
We need to come close and see where we are now.
Let the first love be restored..
Revelation 2:4  (NLT)
"But I have this complaint against you. You don't love me or each other as you did at first!
Let us go back to our first love  for Jesus Christ.
Let not be too familiar with Jesus Christ  work and leading.
If these words touches your life, and you will like to accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and personal savior or renew your faith in him. It is simple. Pray a prayer of forgiveness. Acknowledge you are a sinner,  ask Jesus Christ to forgive you all your sins. Call Jesus Christ to fill your heart . If you do this you are save, just look for a church of God around you to join, so as to improve your faith in Christ. Do not forget to read your bible day in and out. 


If you are blessed by any of the write-ups in this blog, do not forget to share it with others on twitter  and facebook. You can also like Working-Faith @  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Working-faith/463624163748730  or subscribe for a regular update on Working faith. Likewise, if you have  a spare time, you can browse our archive.... You can also share your testimonies  on this blog....your testimony will encourage  others..

Revelation 12:11 (NLT)
And they have defeated him by the blood of the Lamb and by their testimony. And they did not love their lives so much that they were afraid to die.

Furthermore, you can leave your prayer points, we will join you in faith to ask from our father in heaven..Jesus Christ.
To contact us, kindly leave a comment and we shall get back to you.
Remain blessed shalom.

No comments:

Post a Comment